The research is clear: the state of our attention determines the state of our lives. Yet our attention has never been as overwhelmed or in-demand as it is today. We’ve never been so busy while accomplishing so little, and we’ve grown increasingly uncomfortable with a lack of stimulation and distraction. This engaging workshop is a practical guide to managing your attention—the most powerful resource you have to get stuff done, become more creative, and live a meaningful life. Attendees will walk away with actionable tips to:
- Work with fewer distractions;
- Take advantage of the dot-connecting powers of your brain in order to work more creatively;
- Increase your focus by working fewer hours;
- Work with intention and discover your most important tasks; and
- Strategically unfocus to take better mind wandering breaks.
Speaker: Chris Bailey, author, Hyperfocus: How to Be Productive in a World of Distraction
Emcee: Barb Vlacich, vice president global sales operations and chief of staff, Kronos