Who Do You Want to Be When This Is Over?
There’s a difference between being a go-getter and being gutsy, Reshma Saujani, CEO of Girls Who Code, observes in her book, Brave Not Perfect.
“So many women stick to doing only the things at which they excel, rarely going beyond what makes them feel confident and comfortable,” she writes.
But what happens when we’re outside our comfort zones—either by choice or by circumstances, such as the challenging ones we now find ourselves in?
That’s where being brave comes in. And, that’s why we thought it a good time to catch up with Reshma, a bravery expert, and hear how she is navigating these times at home with her husband, eight-week-old baby and five-year-old son with whom she’s making time to master TikTok dances. One of several things that she said is helping her is asking the question: “Who do you want to be when this is over?” Read the interview here.
In this month’s episode of “Women Amplified,” Reshma also joins another amazing woman, Laysha Ward, executive vice president and chief external engagement officer for Target, for a dynamic conversation about why we need to give up on perfectionism to find our courage. Tune in here.
Finally, in case you missed it, here are some new resources and initiative we launched last month:
- A new “Working from Home” Resource Center
- A new roundup of virtual offerings from Conference for Women speakers
- A new audio series featuring timely tips from our archives, called Best Breakouts
- A new Celebration of Women’s Stories of Hope & Inspiration, presented by Target and the Conferences for Women
- New Facebook Live conversations with some of your favorite speakers.
Stay strong, friends! And, if you found this helpful, please share it with someone.