We’re just over two weeks out from the first-ever Virtual Massachusetts Conference for Women on December 10th, and we’re busy putting finishing touches on a program that will help you feel inspired, empowered, and connected!
Keep an eye out for our emails over the next two weeks—they’ll contain important information about how to participate in this year’s Conference, including the Conference login link and instructions.
For now, here is an overview of what’s in store this year:
No need to set up a carpool—just stay tuned to your email! We’ll be sending attendees Conference login details on December 3rd.
If you registered with your work email, please ask your IT department to allow messages from registration@ and [email protected] through your company firewall. If our emails are blocked, you may not receive your login information.
If you or a colleague misses an email, all attendee messages will be posted on our website under the “Already Registered” button.
Understanding the Schedule
Just like our in-person event, this year’s Conference consists of two keynote sessions, three breakout session time periods, and an Exhibit Hall full of booths and bonus programming (like virtual career coaching & mini-sessions).
* Note that all times listed are Eastern.
Keynote sessions—featuring Awkwafina, Alicia Keys, and Doris Kearns Goodwin—will be viewable only on Thursday, Dec. 10th, at 10:00 a.m. and 1:00 p.m.
On-demand replay of these sessions will NOT be available.
Breakout sessions will air at their scheduled times on Dec. 10th—11:00 a.m., 12:00 p.m., and 2:25 p.m.—and then be available on demand until Friday, Dec. 18th at midnight.
Please note, live Q&A with breakout speakers will only occur at the above times on Dec. 10th. The Q&A will be recorded, however, and available on demand through the 18th.
The Virtual Exhibit Hall opens at 8:00am on Dec. 10th, and remains available to attendees through the 18th. Many Exhibit Hall offerings—including booths with interactive office hours, Learning Bursts, and more—will be available on demand until Friday, December 18th as well.
How to Network at a Virtual Event
Because connection is more important than ever this year, we’ve worked hard to put together a series of six new networking opportunities for virtual attendees, as well as a Virtual Networking Guide to help you make the most of our online event. Thanks to our Official Networking Sponsor Cisco for underwriting these efforts!
- Facilitated networking discussions on Dec. 10th via live videoconference. (Sign up in the Cisco Networking Lounge starting at 8am – space is limited, so register early!)
- Peer networking chat groups, organized by topic and available in the Lounge throughout the week.
- Public breakout session chats, allowing attendees to communicate with one another and with speakers during breakout sessions.
- Private and group messaging available from every room in the virtual conference environment.
- Take advantage of Exhibitor Office Hours and the Virtual Career Fair, where you can network with companies in realtime.
- Smart Matches—a new MassWomen app feature that makes finding the right connection easier.
The Virtual Exhibit Hall
We’re happy to say we’ve managed to bring the most popular elements of our Exhibit Hall online! As usual, the Hall is organized into pavilions packed with offerings for you to explore:
- Connect with companies looking to hire women like you during the Virtual Career Fair throughout the Pavilions from 8:00–10:00 a.m. and 3:00–5:00 p.m. on Conference Day.
- Sign up for one-on-one career coaching and résumé review in the Career Pavilion sponsored by MFS Investment Management—starting at 8:00 a.m. on Dec. 10th.
- Shop for holiday gifts and support women-owned businesses in our Women-Owned Business Marketplace Dec. 10-18.
- Grab a Good & Gather recipe at the Target Lifestyle Lounge and take a breath at the Hologic Retreat inside the Health & Wellness Pavilion presented by Hologic.
- Hear speakers read from their books and shop in the Conference Bookstore sponsored by Liberty Mutual (free shipping!) inside the Education & Innovation Pavilion.
- Join a LinkedIn expert and a corporate recruiter on Dec. 11th and 14th at 12 p.m. for LIVE Q&As!
Stay tuned for our next email, which will contain login instructions, a tour of the Virtual Massachusetts Conference for Women, and more important information!
Remember, if you registered for multiple attendees, you need to enter their names and email addresses into your registration account so they receive important attendee communications.
* For questions regarding your registration, please contact [email protected].