Lisa Nichols: On How to Be Resilient and Joyful in 2021
Lisa Nichols, motivational speaker and bestselling author, is one of those rare women who seem to have mastered the art of being joyful—no matter what. That’s why we thought she would be the perfect person to ask for her ideas about how to be resilient and joyful in 2021, which is already proving itself another interesting year!
10 top tips for how to go through 2021—with maximum resilience and joy
- Focus more on what you want than what you are trying to get away from.
- Pivot with a sense purpose. Don’t be a victim. Don’t surrender your leadership.
- Remember Steven Covey’s 80-20 rule: Focus 80 percent of your time on what you can influence and only 20 percent of what you worry about.
- Notice what you get to do (because of what you can’t do now.)
- Focus on gratitude. It will lessen your anxiety.
- Trust your bounce-back muscles.
- Silence the negative nanny.
- Look for evidence of you making it through difficult times. What did you do in 2020 that blew your own mind?
- Bet on you, not the horse.
- Be the lighthouse in 2021. Don’t look for the day to make you happy. Step into the day joyful and be infectious of the day.
Lisa Nichols is one of the world’s most-requested motivational speakers, as well as media personality and corporate CEO, whose global platform has reached and served nearly 80 million people.