Get the absolute most out of your day by taking advantage of SIX new virtual networking opportunities for the 2020 (first-ever) Virtual Massachusetts Conference for Women!
Also, for tried and tested tips for building real relationships virtually, download the 2020 Massachusetts Conference for Women Virtual Networking Guide.
Peer Chat Groups
Share your experiences and best practices with your peers about some of the most important issues facing professional women in 2020. Groups have been carefully curated by topic allowing you to connect real-time with women who have similar interests and challenges. Offered inside the Cisco Networking Lounge throughout the day (and the week following) you can join one or several groups. Pop in and out as your schedule permits!
Career Skills – share your experiences & learn from others’ career successes
Eldercare – strategies during COVID for those caring for elders
Finance Hacks – budgeting & managing finances during the pandemic & beyond
Giving Back – volunteering & more ways to support your community
Job Search – tips for finding opportunities now (& share jobs you know about!)
Leadership – how to be an effective leader, climb the ladder & manage teams
Parenting – managing remote learning, screen-time, socializing & more
Self-Care – mental health, wellness & more
Serving on Boards – finding your seat in the corporate or non-profit boardroom
HOW TO JOIN:
- Visit the Cisco Networking Lounge ANYTIME on Conference Day
- Review the list of chat groups available
- Click on your chosen topic from the menu to gain access to the chats (you can move in and out of various chats throughout the day!)
Facilitated Networking Discussions
Join Massachusetts Conference for Women board members for live, small-group discussions to power your personal and professional growth. These 45-minute discussions will take place in the Cisco Networking Lounge via video conference. Designed to encourage effective dialogue, participation is limited and is available on a first-come, first-serve basis. Sign up early to get in!
SIGN UPS BEGIN AT 8AM EST on Dec 10 (and space is limited!)
3:15 – 4:00 PM EST
Leading as an Ally with Pam Wickham, former VP, corporate affairs & communications, Raytheon Company & MA CFW board member @masswomen
Leading through Change with Alison Quirk, independent director & senior advisor & MA CFW board member @masswomen
Leadership in a Virtual World with Micho Spring, chair, global corporate practice, president, Weber Shandwick & MA CFW board treasurer @masswomen
Navigating Career and Life Transitions with Gloria Larson, former president, Bentley University & MA CFW board president @masswomen
Networking Remotely with Carol Fulp, CEO, Fulp Diversity, LLC & MA CFW board secretary @masswomen
Starting a Women’s Networking Group with Kathy Horgan, EVP & chief HR & citizenship officer, State Street Corporation & MA CFW board member @statestreet @masswomen
4:15 – 5:00 PM EST
Accelerating Your Career Growth with Kim Vaughan, founder & principal, Summit & MA CFW board member @masswomen
Job Search Strategies with Heather Campion, managing director, Koya Leadership Partners & MA CFW board member @masswomen
Non-Profit Strategies for NOW with Renee Connolly, global head, communications & business markets/ services, MilliporeSigma & MA CFW board member @milliporesigma @masswomen
Powering Your Success in a Virtual World with Kelli Kirwin, director, global services and software sales, Cisco Systems, Inc & MA CFW board member @cisco @masswomen
Standing Out in Tech with Lynn Tinney, vice president, global channels, Brightcove & MA CFW board member @masswomen
Serving Your Community with Marian Heard, president & CEO, Oxen Hill Partners & MA CFW board vice chair @masswomen
HOW TO JOIN:
- Ensure that you download the Webex app and have an account (free) to participate
- Visit the Networking Lounge beginning at 8 am EST on Conference Day to sign-up in advance of the session starting
- Once it’s time for your session, click on “Facilitated Networking Discussions” inside the Networking Lounge
- Find the link to the topic you signed up for and enter Webex to start your session!
Public Session Chats
Inside every breakout and keynote session is a chat box (to the right of the video player) where you can share ideas and excitement surrounding the sessions you attend. You can also submit questions for the speakers that they may answer LIVE following the session.
HOW TO CHAT:
- To chat publicly, simply add your comments and questions into the chat bar. (Breakout sessions can be accessed from the main lobby or lower navigation bar.)
- To submit questions to speakers, simply enter your questions in the “Ask the Speaker a Question” field!
Private 1:1 & Group Messaging
Seeking new connections and want to chat privately? Need a reserved place for your friends or colleagues to “meet up” and talk about what you’re seeing and hearing at the event? 1:1 messaging and group chats are available and easy to access throughout the virtual platform! This allows you to take the conversation beyond small talk and engage meaningfully.
HOW TO MESSAGE:
- Click on the chat icon in the bottom navigation bar on any screen inside the platform
- To chat with another attendee, search for them by name in the full attendee list and click the message icon
- To start a group chat, simply click “Add people to this chat.”
NOTE: Private messages are not saved in the platform. Please be sure that if you connect with someone you would like to reach later, that you save their contact information separately.
Exhibitor Office Hours
Meet one-on-one with executives from companies that support women’s advancement. Exhibitors will be available throughout the virtual exhibit hall to chat live and answer your questions. Have your resume ready because many companies are actively recruiting. You can also “swipe” your virtual badge inside various booths to automatically share your contact info with exhibitors or enter contests.
Dec 10 @ 8:00 AM – 5:00 PM EST
HOW TO CONNECT WITH AN EXHIBITOR:
- Navigate to the exhibitor booth that interests you by going to “Exhibit Hall.”
- Choose “Pavilion,” then select the booth of your choice.
- Inside the booth, click “Chat.”
- You can also connect directly with a representative by clicking on their Door Card in the top right corner of your screen inside the booth.
The MassWomen App is a great resource for connecting to other attendees during the conference, and throughout the year. Chat on the Social Wall, search attendees, and DM in “My CFW” tab. You can also engage with session walls to share and interact with others on specific sessions. Also, be sure to check out the app’s new SMART MATCHES feature – where you can fill out your profile to be matched with other attendees for more meaningful networking.
The MassWomen App is brought to you by Cisco.
NOTE: THE APP DOES NOT CONTAIN ANY CONNECTION TO THE VIRTUAL PLATFORM OR CONTENT.
Special thanks to our official networking partner